1.6.04

2 Totally Unrelated Topics

Firstly, I think my thighs have expanded.

I have a pair of pants which used to be very comfortable. But today for some reason it feels like the inseam has shrunk, but the outseam(??) has kept its proper length. This is causing me to walk funny and I think people in the office are starting to notice. (My walk, not my pants...) Also, why is it that pants from Old Navy that have a little "stretch" to them seem to get looser and looser the longer you wear them? And I don't mean over the lifespan of the pants, but merely as the day goes on. By the time I leave work I feel like Urkel, hiking up my pants every few seconds. And maybe this last one is just me and my own special brand of neurosis, but I swear that whenever I buy the same style pants in different colours the khaki green pair fits snugglier than any other colour. Then again, maybe it's just my "love-handles" (btw: I CAN'T STAND that term! There's nothing "lovely" about them!) deciding to travel south and set up camp in my thighs only to discover that they're like Jessica Simpson and can't hack it, so they come home to rest in my midriff (or lack thereof).

Secondly, I don't understand why some people just don't GET IT!

In my position at work I need to know what everyone in the department is doing at all times. I will also prioritize the work of some of my co-workers, which in essence requires my co-workers to tell me if there has been a change in plans so I can adjust the schedules of any others that this change will effect. It seems like a simple concept, non? Well, apparently it is not. It drives me crazy when I hear on Tuesday that something we arranged for a courier to pick up on the weekend has still not been picked up, nor have any other arrangements been made. Had this person assessed me of the current state of events on Monday morning, we could have averted a near-mass-panic-life-or-death-scramble to get a much larger job done. (Okay, so i'm exaggerating the mass-panic-life-or-death, but it still would have been a scramble of sorts...) The point is, while I'm sitting here playing crappy little online games waiting for something worthwhile to do, as the same co-worker complains about the piles of work that have been heaped upon them (boo!hoo!), I could have alleviated some of their work and had something to do myself. I mean, c'mon! Everybody wins this way! And puh-leeeeze..."Well, I told so-and-so" just don't cut it people! I don't care who you told. YOU MUST TELL ME!

Hmmmm....Can you tell I'm a total control freak?

Gotta go load up on carbs,
Lowbrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home