2.6.04

I Want A New Drug

Ahhh, remember the simpler days when Hewy Lewis was cool? The days before he was making crappy karaoke movies with Gwyneth? (WTF with "Apple"?! Really, Gwyn? Really?)

But this post is not about Hewy; although, it kinda has to do with a simpler time. Back when I started in my current field of work the woman who was in the position I currently am in told me that she'd been doing it for 5 years. I did not say anything to her, but in my idealistic little mind I was, like, "Crap! There's no way I'd do that job for 5+ years!" Well, I've been doing this for...(figuring it out in my head...carry the one...)...wow! Only 3 years now. It feels like 5, wait, hmmm, yup, only 3, and there seems to be no end in site. I've gotta get OUT! The job is making me surlier (yes, I'm blaming it on the job), and I'm feeling bored and restless.

It's time for a change.

I've got the idea for this new company, which, in my humble opinion, I think could really take off in my hometown. Of course I can't tell you what it is, but GAWD!, it's a GREAT idea!! So I called a friend who I know would be the perfect business partner in this venture and said, "Look, I know you also need to get out of your job so let's think about doing this." Needless to say, my friend was totally...lacking in enthusiasm. Nonetheless, said friend quietly asked around...polled some public opinion...and friend's now on board. FAAAANtastic!

Hmmmm...Now if I can only get her to do all the work to get it off the ground.... (Nervous twitter) Friend, I'm, uh, just kidding!

Keep it on the down
Lowbrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home