28.11.04

Product

That is what I refer to all of the numerous hair care products that I use. Product. Singular.

My hair, no matter what others think of it, is one of my most favourable physical features. And it is all thanks to Product. Skin care I could care less about, but hair care is a passion. Some might even say adiction. Just under 5 years ago I got a fantastic haircut I call the "Sandra Bullock." It was a longer version of the hair she had when she shot "28 Days." (Bad movie, great hair!) I found a fansite that seem to take screen captures every 2 seconds of the movie and created a collage of her hair at ever angle and style (up, down, held back with a a headband) on an 11"x17" sheet of paper and took it with me to the stylist my friend had been seeing for years.

It was the best haircut I ever had!

Unfortunately, Paul went on to slowly butcher my beautiful hair so we have part ways and now I am very happy with Sergio at Coupe Bizzarre in Toronto. But I digress. With the "Sandra" I felt I needed to spoil my hair a little so I bought my first "salon brand" shampoo & conditioner. I also ended up buying high-end putty, wax and hairspray. I am a woman of extremes. I cannot just buy one item. I need to buy 5. OCB indeed! After that I was hooked! I tried to go back to "drug store brands" but it left my hair oily and my scalp dry. I haven't gone back since. When I would profess to the miracle of Product - that there really was a difference between a $5 shampoo and a $15 one and I wasn't just a sucker for designer products - my friends would scoff at me. Scoff, that is until they decided to put it to the test themselves. They haven't gone back either....

I am also gifted with "The Hair Gene." That's what I call it when someone knows how to style their own hair well. My sister is missing THG. I remember when I was young, I used to force my even younger cousin to sit there while I styled her hair. Braids, Ponytails, Twisting Up-Dos, and Highbrow Originals. I would style her hair and then we'd go and show it to our mothers. They would issue the appropriate compliment and then we would go back to my room and I would do it all over again. Unfortunately for my cousin, when my mother used to brush the tangles out of my hair she was brutal! No mercy whatsoever! Therefore, I thought that was the only way to do it, so I used to brush out my cousins hair the same way. Ouch! Why she put up with it I'll never know! I certainly wouldn't have.

The point (albeit not an interesting one...) is that I never use the same Product twice. I just switched shampoo and conditioner and this morning I have not been able to stop touching my hair! It is sooooo silky without being oily that I wish I could drape my body with it! The only bad thing about my addiction is that the Product I buy steadily increase in price, for it is one of those things where you pay for quality. So without further adieu, Phytologie Mallow Conditioner ROCKS! And I'm excited because they just opened a Sephora in Toronto so now I have access to Frederic Fekkai!! (I get excited over the stupidest things....)

Man! First a boring entry about notetaking and now one about hair care products...My friends are going to beat me High and
Lowbrow

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree, the "sandra" was one of your best cuts.
you should bring that collage of photos to sergio and have him give you the sandra...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home