20.11.04

Fashion & Style

I'm at work on a Saturday. How much more pathetic could I be? Granted, it's really my "Thursday," but it's still Saturday and by the end of today I will have been at the office for 12 hours. Pathetic! Although, I did allow myself a Starbucks this morning. It was like heaven I tell you! I don't know why I ever stopped! Oh yeah, the whole "being more healthy" thing. Right.... Mmmmm...I'm thinking about having another one right now. I do need some kind of kick to help me stay up past my usual work-week-10PM-bedtime tonight BECAUSE....

I have something to keep me motivated. I have something to look forward to! Tonight I get to party with one of my all time fave celebrities! I have been a fan of his (to be read as, "totally in love with him") since I first saw his one page layout in Jane. A black & white photograph I just couldn't get out of my mind. That must have been about 5 years ago. Some say be careful what you wish for because it might come true. Well my, yes, pathetic little wish to meet the man in person is about to come true and I am SO not ready for it. I always pictured that when we met, I would be about a gazillion pounds lighter and have the complexion of alabaster, and yet, he would still fall in love with me for my laugh and personality. So maybe I shouldn't have wished so hard, because lately I've been eating like a bear getting ready for hibernation (yes! I love the idea of being able to hibernate! I love to sleep!) and I'm currently breaking out over the stress of potentially speaking to him! ("Hi. Can I get a picture with you?" "Sure." [snap] "Thanks.") I'm almost 30 and acting like a teen, both metally and physically. Again, pathetic. Nevertheless, my goal is to get that photo! So please everyone, send your goodwill wishes my way in order that they might come true as well!

In other news, there's an interesting blogger article in The New York Times Fashion & Style Columns section. You have to register to read the article, but unlike some cheeseball online newspapers, it's free.

Here's wishing my night ends up on a High note and not a
Lowbrow
one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home