13.10.04

Craft Service

That's what they call the munchies they have in a truck ("the craft truck") on a set in the movie biz. I don't know why they call it that. Nobody seems to know.

At my work, they sometimes have muffins or bagels for brekkie.
Pet Peeve #5: People who refuse to take a full muffin/bagel to eat. I come in and, okay, maybe I can make peace with the muffin/bagel that is cut in half, but when you only cut a quarter off?! C'mon! What the heck is that all about?!

Anyhoo, I was making myself "dinner" (everything bagel with cheddar - ooh T! Don't you miss bagels?!), when I realized that someone had voraciously ripped through the bottom of the bag, instead of spending that extra second(!) to take one from the top where there is a pre-cut hole. How did I find this out? When I lifted the full bag of bagels to tie it shut and they all fell out the bottom.... Really, what is it about people that make them totally forget all of their good manners when they have to share a kitchen at the office?

I just stuck the bagels back in the bag and left it on the counter. Was that wrong?

Yup, that's just plain ol'
Lowbrow
of me.


4 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are only on PP#5? That's really hard to believe. You have the most pet peeves of anyone I know.

1/4 off is quite ridiculous. You work with weirdos, but you aren't the most sane or cleanly one as well. Putting back bagels that had dropped onto the floor? That's just like not washing your hands after the washroom! None the wiser, no harm no foul done? Hmmmm.

Funny though.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger a.a. said...

that last comment was from me. in case u didn't figure it out.

t

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger a.a. said...

i am a bagel-hater. i don't miss it at all. in general, cdn bagels are too dense. I much rather prefer the fluffy ones like grieg's bagels. mtl bagels are good, but that's cause they are tiny and have honey in them.

like i said in my previous comment, which hasn't shown yet, u are diiiiiiiiiiirty!
t

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger highbrow said...

HEY! 5 second rule applied!!!

And Montreal bagels are WAY denser then "regular" bagels. They may be smaller, but are definitely denser.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home