25.11.04

Why Do I Insist On Doing Things I Know I'll Regret Later?

I had a touch of food poisoning last night. Some bad leftover breaded shrimp from the local Chinese take-out place. So last night consisted of sleep that was interrupted by sharp stomach pains and, well there's no easy way to say it, vomitting. This morning I still felt a little queesy so, no surprise, I wasn't my usual cheerful self. (Yes. That was sarcasm.)

Then we had a little electrical fire at the office. The Fire Department put the fire out quickly but said that there were still toxic fumes in the air so they told us to take-off for an hour and then come back. Niiice. I know. (Again, there's that sarcasm.) Since we were already in his car (there is a freezing wind out there today), the Scotsman and I went to Krispy Kreme.

Against my better judgement, I ate a Glazed Chocolate Cake donut (My new favourite! And I don't even like chocolate donuts. In fact, I don't like chocolate cake either, but I find I'm craving it more and more as I get older. But I digress, that is a topic for another "exciting" (sarcasm) entry!) AND a Boston Cream (although KK calls it something else).

I feel really sick right now.

You know what feeling where it's like your stomach is filled with some kind of thick, gooey, almost gelatinous liquid and it just kind of rolling around in your belly? In addition, your stomach is making very unnatural noises which only you (or so you hope) can hear because it is more like you are feeling the sound rather than hearing it? That's what I feel like right now. Honestly, I had stored up a much more interesting entry of an anthropological categorization of human behaviour that I have brilliantly come up with on my own thank you very much, but this feeling superseeds all highbrow sociological observations.

There's nothing High about today. It's all
Lowbrow
from here on out....

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger a.a. said...

i think u should help things along with a big bag of chips!!

i had a chip craving and went the convenience store and to my never-ending disappointment, North American chips are not sold in most of Japan. There's suppose to be a huge gaijin supermarket nearby, but that's still about a 20 min walk. No thanks. I had to settle for Japanese chips.....not so great. Sour cream & bacon, where are you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home