2.12.04

Zorched. Beat. Just Plain Tired.

I'm killing myself over this obsession I have with this particular celebrity! The night I got my pic taken with him I was home and in bed by 2AM and, to my "delight," my alarm woke me up at 5AM for work. Last night was the last day of shooting for the movie that he is working on, and I just couldn't resist seeing him one last time, so I zipped on over there after I finished work at 7PM. As soon as I got there I was given a great surprise! My friends had printing out my pic as an 8"x10" glossy and had just gotten HIM to sign it. He's got pretty bad penmanship (writes like a boy) and we can't really make out what it says. One woman thinks it says "I L U" for I Love You, and despite my earnest wishes, I think it says "Thanks." They got their last shot about 1/2 an hour after I arrived and then came the speeches, the thank yous and the champagne(!). As we walked off the stage I passed through the door with my crush I seriously FREAKED OUT! I got so nervous that once we passed through the doorway I had to walk in the opposite direction even though that didn't lead anywhere....

Since I had come directly from work, I did not have dinner. Thus, that glass of champagne when straight to my head! (Cheap drunk, I know!) I was standing there talking to friends, and he was there talking to a couple of people in front of me. I was laughing, generally having a good time when I feel someone's hand on my back pushing me forward, like when you're at a bar and someone wants to pass by you. Well, this person just keeps pushing without passing by and I'm wondering what the f**k? I look behind me and it's one of my friends trying to push me into HIM! I would have been soooooo embarrassed if I actually bumped into him! People were talking to him, and he was so friendly, but I just couldn't muster up the nerve to go up to him. My mind totally freezes up when I'm next to him! It was worse this time than the last time!

It was announced that after the champagne and appetizers some of the cast & crew were going to meet for drinks at a local pub called the Madison. (Affectionately known as the "Maddie.") I immediately called around to see who would be up for going with me, because the friend that works on the movie wasn't going to go and I was not about to go by myself! I called a couple of friends who declines leaving their warm homes late on a work night and was almost at a loss when EUREKA! I called my newly engaged friend SYN, not to ask her if she wanted to be my date, but if I could borrow her fiance for the evening. The Big O is a great guy. He can talk to anyone and everyone and be totally at ease and more importantly he makes the person he is talking to feel at ease. Purrrr-fect! He can strike up a conversation with my crush and I can sit idly by with a goofy grin on my face! I coaxed The Big O out with promises of free beer (which I find out afterwards that I didn't have to pay for because one of the producers was picking up the tab! Crrrap!) and we headed out on the town. My crush finally showed up at about 12:15AM looking as adorable as ever and walked over to the bar, and sat down on the stool beside me. The Big O was going to start up a conversation with something to the effect of "I have no idea who you are," but more eloquently as he points out. Nevertheless, I stopped him from speaking to him, so like the good boy he is, The Big O went back to his beer. (One of which he knocked over and broke his pint glass! I swear, I was near it but did not cause it this time!!) At one point, The Big O pointed over my shoulder and I was gullible enough to look and HE was right next to me. I didn't expect him to be that close and almost started hyperventilating! He got up to mingle and I stayed put. At one point a woman I know ran over and told me that he'd squeezed her breast. Apparently, there was talk around the production as to whether they were real or not. She said to another guy that they were real so, as a joke, he and HE both copped a feel and were all, "Yup, you're right. They are real." Dang! Some girls get all the luck! He eventually made his way to the back room and sat with a couple of producer-types so I got my last look at him and left to drive a bored-looking trooper of a guy home to his finacee's warm bed.

I got home and in bed by 2:15AM and guess what? That's right! To my "delight," my alarm went off at 5:00AM this morning! In a way I'm glad HE's out of my life because I need some freakin' rest!

So if anyone of you watched "Gilmore Girls" this week, you'll know what I mean when I say December 2nd is forevermore Highbrow's Dark Day. Keep it on the
Lowbrow
my babies!


2 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger a.a. said...

That was quite the ride! Well at least you got to see him one last time for a WHOLE night. Wish I was there. You know, I would've gone out with you!

aa

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger highbrow said...

It's so funny you'd say that b/c I called SW 1st but she was sick as a dog and while I was talking to her I said, "I wish T was still here b/c she'd go with me fo' sho'"! And I wouldn't have had to worry about you getting board b/c I know you would have gotten HAPPY (aka WASTED!) and we would have probably stayed 'til 4AM!! Awww! I miss you baby!

The other thing I forgot to post was that while I was sitting there with The Big O, and I didn't realize just how close HE was to me, The Big O was talking about Adam Sandler and wondering why he keeps putting Rob Schneider in his movies. I said it's b/c they're friends from their SNL days and then I started saying "You can DOOO it!" and then The Big O started to say it and we kept saying it over and over. Meanwhile HE's sitting right beside us and could probably hear us knowing exactly what we're talking about! SOOOOO embarrassing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home