14.3.05

Me In Progress...

Helloooooo...Pet Peeve I May Have Already Mentioned:

People who cannot deal with the photocopier. They can't change the toner; or they cause a paper jam and leave the scene instead of dealing with the problem. And then they (may - if they are fearless) come to me and expect me to deal with it. Who the f*ck do these people think I am? Rob Schneider, SNL's "the copy guy"?! (Jimmmmay! The Jimminator! Jimmin-imin-ola! The Jimster!) And, honestly, if the person in the lowest of the entry level positions (not me, by the bye) is expected know how the photocopier works, then theoretically, shouldn't everyone be able to figure out how to use it? ARRGH!

Anyhoo, I stayed up until 2AM on Saturday night in order to catch the rerun of the premiere of "Fat Actress." In total honesty, it wasn't worth the wait. It was okay, and kinda funny. Love that they got Jeff Zucker (President of NBC) to participate in the pilot, but Kirsty is just too over the top, and not in a good way. Essentially a copy of Larry David and "Curb Your Enthusiam," The show revolves around Allen trying to survive as a working actor in Hollywood. Unlike David however, Allen just isn't funny enough playing herself. And even though she has a nice set of knockers, by the end of the 30 mins. I was sick of watching Alley in (albeit beautiful) lingerie.

Also caught the 2 episode "sneak preview" (fancy way of saying pilot?) of "Jake In Progress..." starring John Stamos. I have to say, I was not a fan of "Uncle Jessie" back in the days of "Full House," yet, I have come to like him in recent years. I was a fan of "Thieves," unfortunately, if you blinked you missed it. (Too bad because it was shot in Toronto - or at least the pilot was.) And he is very engaging in interview and on those long distance commercials. But I digress. "Jake In Progress..." is a one-camera, 30 minute version of what could easily be a one-hour dramedy, about a good-looking, charming, celebrity PR agent who is at the point in his life where he finally wants to settle down and leave his insensitive, womanizing days behind him. The pitch could be "the-male-Ally-McBeal-without-the-surrealism." It was good! And definitely "tape-worthy."

It's now lunchtime which will give me a temporary High and then at about 4PM will make me crash Low
Brow

1 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger highbrow said...

Oh! And by the way, "Jake In Progress..." made a BIG reference to David Blaine! What a co-inky-dink!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home