5.5.05

Girl Interrupted

I was telling a co-worker about my "black period" during university. How I had student burn-out, which I totally thought was a crock, that is until I diagnosed myself. How I withdrew and took myself out of society. She asked me if I had experienced Depression. I said I thought, in retrospect, that yes, I was probably slightly Depressed but did not know it at the time. She said, "Maybe you are Manic-Depressive." I said, "I am definitely not Manic."

Then jokingly I said that maybe I had what Winona Ryder's character had in "Girl Interrupted" (a movie based on a book based on a true story). Borderline Personality Disorder. So I looked it up and sent the link to 2 of my co-workers. They laughed (a little too hard) at the similarities to my preceived personality. Where they got this idea of me, I have no idea....

I'm surprised my defense structure hasn't crumbled down Low
brow
to the ground yet....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home