17.6.04

Warning: Active Volcano

A friend recently read my latest entries and replied with a "boy, you are an angry person!" I didn't believe it so I re-read those last 4 or so posts, and dang!, she is absolutely right!

When I'm arguing with a person and I just won't let it go (because I'm stubborn to boot!). I can see I'm being unreasonable in my mind's eye. Yet, I still cannot seem to control it. But as G.I. Joe used to say, "knowing is half the battle." Which is true to some extent, since when I was younger I really didn't see it, and now that I do I know it's a trait I need to work on changing.

That being said, it doesn't change the fact that I am indeed an angry and bitter young-ish woman. When I was little I used to bottle everything up inside. Heck! I was doing that up until about 8 years ago! So, now when I vent, I'm probably venting a little bit about something that happened to me 15 years ago. As you can tell, I don't bottle anymore. But, I also hate confrontation. The result is that I end up spewing my vile out by recounting the offensive events to my friends over the phone later that night.

Have I ever told you that I have GREAT friends?

Don't cork me up!
lowbrow

2 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of us who know you so well, your phone calls are highly entertaining; the amount of energy and emotion that you put into the 'conflict' kinda wakes me up.

If we felt nothing about anything, then what is the purpose of everything?

T.
Founder
Idealists & Nonconformists Club

"If you want to join, then you don't belong."

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger highbrow said...

T,
You are SO not a non-conformist!
N.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home