21.6.04

Writer's Block

I think I'm starting to run out of things to write....

I could tell you that I think I'm addicted to chewing gum. I chew, on average, a pack a day. Thank goodness it's provided to me free at work. The (not-really-that) funny thing is that I get bored of chewing the gum after about a minute so I spit it out. About 5 minutes after that I pop in a new piece. My mouth seems to crave flavour. I have about 4 different half empty (or is it half full...) beverages on my desk going at any given moment. Popsicles are great to quench this type of craving. Food doesn't cut it.

I could tell you that I am a big klutz. Some may call me a spaz, but I like to think of myself as just a little clumsy. For example, this morning I spilt coffee on my desk. I righted the overturned cup, but as I stood up to wipe up the coffee, I tipped the cup over again. I righted it once more, but as I reached over for some more kleenex, that's right, I pushed the damn cup over and the last of the coffee fell out. For those watching, it looks like an elaborate stunt for the quirky character on a sit-com.

I could tell you that I have a very selective memory. I will remember that I have to tell my boss something of some importance, get distracted, forget to tell him until I've arrived home for the evening, obsess about it all night long, and then remember when I'm at work that I have to tell him the something but I cannot for the life of me remember what that something is. However, I do remember that you are a genetically more like your mother than your father because all of the mitochondria you possess comes from the egg. (The mitochondrion - which creates energy - in the sperm is in the tail which falls off once the sperm is successfully embedded in the egg.) This was a bonus question on a grade 11 biology test.

Well, I guess there were a couple of thing I could write about....

Keepin' it cool and low
brow



1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think you are getting writer's block. Surely you have more interesting things to write about other then chewing gum and spilling coffee on your desk! You should write about more high brow stuff. Those are more entertaining.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home