2.9.04

Dees One Goes Owwt To My Leettle Frend

A shout out to JS for the suggestion of today's entry topic.

DESSERT!

I work in a wonderful world where they cater lunch for the office everyday. That lunch comes with dessert which is easily my most favouritist part of a meal. This week, so far, we have had Nanaimo Bars (for those who don't know what these delectible treats are, I feel extremely sorry for you! It's one of those Canadian things...
http://www.city.nanaimo.bc.ca/visitors/index_inside.asp?id=189&parent=7&sub_collection=11), Carrot Cake, Strawberry Mousse, and today it was Fudge Brownies!!! Mmmmmmmmmm...Brownies...

Before I go on, I think I need to tell you that I am a woman of extremes! I am either hot or cold, but never lukewarm.

To date, I have eaten 3 peoples share of dessert every day this week. JS tells me to eat in moderation. I look confused, like I've never heard that word before and am not exactly sure what it means. Why would I only eat 1 bite-sized square of chocolate when I could eat 8?

I know I sound crazy, but don't worry about me. I've been "balancing" it out by skipping dinner completely. [wink! smile!]

Sugar High and Crashing
Low...brow

4 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moderation - use to hate it when people uttered that word to me or, when I read about it in fitness magazines- but I've now come to realize that it's true. You can eat anything you want - in “moderation”.
Moderation & portion control – they go hand in hand.. Craving a slice of chocolate cake? Go ahead, but just have one slice. If you’re really hankering for a slice of chocolate cake and deprive yourself, it’s inevitable that you’ll end up bingeing on a bag of chips by day’s end.

All this talk of chocolate cake is makin' me hungry - I think I'll down to Tim Horton's and grab a boston creme donut.

Peace out -

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger highbrow said...

Ahhh.... Timmy's. Another great Canadian tradition! (Although, I hate that Canadian backpacker in Europe commercial they air!)

Thanks for the post, Anon!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger a.a. said...

The desserts in Japan look quite delicious. I have yet to purchase them since they are a little too pricey for unemployed me. When I can, I will have a feast of their bite-sized desserts and think of you.

t

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger highbrow said...

Please indulge in 2 or 3 on my behalf...When you get the moolah...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home